Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

The Big Project

Hey y'all! (That makes me feel like Paula Dean to start off with "Hey y'all! LOL) Anyway ... I am finally checking in to post some pictures of the big project I worked on a week or so ago. I was really excited about this one and while I am still excited about how it turned out, I wish I had had more forethought about what to include ... because ... well, (1) I am not pregnant and haven't had a baby yet and (2) I just haven't scrapped a lot! So while I would do it a bit different now, I am excited to share my first big mini album project with you all ... a pregnancy journal mini album for my BFF!

This is the little cover I made for the album. My BFF is preggers (not me ... my BFF! haha) and she loves her some owls right now. And she's having a boy. Have I ever mentioned that I like pink?! What's up with everyone having a boy - I don't collect boy paper and fabric! LOL Anyway ... I used some cutie owl fabric and lined it with dots and used the dots as little ties ... all a pattern off the fly.
Here's the front of the book ... I will share a couple of pages a day so I can tell you more about what I used on each page, etc. But I started with some notepad backer paper and cut them in half to make 8.5 x 5.5 sheets. I used a few different papers thoughout the book ... some of which are on the front here. I hand wrote the couple's name and the year on the front. (She's due in October.) And then on the back of the album, I stamped my "handmade by" schtuff and then added a little extra love. You can see here that I have an envelope on the back of each page to stuff little notes, prayers and extra photos in. (Note: its likely that all these pages will get mounted on a scrap page ... because as you'll see tomorrow I didn't anticipate that my self-proclaimed noncrafty friend would want to go to town journaling. That is not to say she doesn't like the album, because she loved it ... but I will start asking what my friends might want in the future instead of going for a total surprise element!) But anyway ... I thought it was a great idea in theory!
Well, I am off to bed ... you'll have to come back tomorrow to see the first couple of pages!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Notepad backer chipboard sheets (Thecraftypc.com)
Paper: Lush Brown Houndstooth (reverse side used - My Minds Eye)
, Fly A Kite Fireflies (reverse side (green dots) - October Afternoon), Lagoon textured (Bazzill)
Ink: Distress Antique Linen
Sticker Letters: Holly Doodle (Pink Paislee),
Ribbon: Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides grosgrain

5 comments:

  1. Oh Chrissy this looks adorable! Love the fabric cover...can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a gift! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pages....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful book, the fabric you used is darling. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great gift set! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric you used for this cover is just awesome. Very neat.

    ReplyDelete