Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

CPS 166

Hey yall! I can see Friday from here and am so glad! School is *almost* over ... just 11 more class days until my students start exams and then its all downhill from there! Woot! Woot! Summertime here I come. :-)

Well, its been a busy few weeks and I haven't done a sketch in like ... um ... forever. But I decided today to just craft for fun when I got home from work for a bit. And I cranked out some pretty sweet cards. Here's my take on sketch 166 from the CPS blog.So, this card is 4 x 6 and I used Kiwi Kiss for the base. Love this color. Its vintage or modern depending on what you pair it with and I love it. The rest is all stuff from various Studio Calico kits. The text paper is by October Afternoon and I think that any of the papers in their Thrift Shop line are just too die for. I want them all in fabric! :-) The bird paper is from American Crafts and kind of worked with the color scheme. This sketch was pretty easy which made things pretty quick and easy once I got my thoughts together. :-)

I tried out this button row technique ... something that I see Betsy do all the time (and love). And I'm so glad I did. Looking forward to giving it a go again. Another new thing ... no stamps! Nope. Not a one used on this card!

Ok, that's all for now! I will be back tomorrow with a cute baby card. See ya then!

Supplies Used:
Card stock: SU! Kiwi Kiss
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon "Great Find" from Thrift Shop line; American Crafts "Wanda" from Botanique line
Other: PTI Enchanted Evening grosgrain, Pure Poppy buttons, twine; October Afternoon Mini Market Ledger letter stickers

5 comments:

  1. Love that text paper and the row of button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Loving the ribbon and button treatment! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy, this card turned out super cute. I love the paper, the row of buttons. very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delightful; love it!

    ReplyDelete