Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Birthdays are like Quilts...


Here's the birthday card I made for my MIL. She doesn't sew or quilt, but I do, so I love this stamp set. All paper, ink, stamps, and ribbon (except copic markers to color the blocks) are from Papertrey Ink.
I started w/ a strip of vintage cream CS and stamped the sentiment in Dark Chocolate. Then I masked it with a piece of scrap paper and stamped each block on point (on the diagonal). It's a little wonky, but they are mostly straight seams! haha Then I colored all the blocks w/ Copics V12 & V15, which seem to match the lavender moon & plum pudding pretty well. Then I trimmed it, added a border of lavender moon, wrapped a piece of plum pudding satin around it, and stuck it on the plum pudding card base. I think it turned out pretty good and close to what I had in my head! :-)
Does anyone know of/or has any created a chart that kind of matches Copic colors to SU! and PTI paper? If so, I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I came over from SCS!
    AWESOME card! I'm sure she will love it. I love: the colour the pattern, the ribbon, the sentiment - the whole thing really!! :)
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete