Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blooming for a Cure 2009

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Been pretty busy here closing out the school year. I only have ONE more day before summer is officially on! I am excited but a little sad to leave my current school for a new one next year. Not to mention moving all my crap is a lot of work! But I am hoping that my new position will be great.

Last weekend, I went to my sorority's national convention. Our philanthropy is the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance and for the second year in a row, my mom and I collaborated on a quilt to help raise money in our philanthropy raffle. The flowers on the quilt are made with the "omega holes" when I cut out the Omega to make t-shirts. This year, I have done a lot of letter shirts with black and white fabrics, so we decided to use those as the jumping off point. The close up shots have much better lighting - sorry about the full quilt photo's terribleness. I am excited to report that this year, we raised over $700 in our raffle - all to support ovarian cancer awareness. I promise to get back to some other fun projects and start posting again this week! Hope you are all enjoying the week!

3 comments:

  1. that's beautiful, and such a great cause to raise money for! have a great summer, lady! and good luck moving all your stuff to a new school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you get to work next year closer to home. I love this cause and your project is amazing. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela (SCS monkeymama)June 14, 2009 at 1:53 PM

    Fabulous work of art, Chrissy! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete