Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

June PTI Blog Hop: The Joys of Summer

Hi again! It's Papertrey Blog Hop time again! This month's theme was all about summer! Summer to me is all about flip flops and enjoying being either by the pool or by the beach. I also get to sew a lot during the summer when school is out and last year I completed a flip flop wallhanging. It's one of my favorite fabric projects and it hangs year-round in my craft room/office. So, going with the flip flop theme and a great summery-striped fabric from my stash, here's what I started with.
Here's my card based on flip flops and stripes...
One of my Splitcoast buddies sent me some images from the Day at the Beach set. I cut out a pair of the flip flops and colored them in with an RV14 Copic marker and added a polka dot pattern with the colorless blender. Then I ripped a small rectangle of my striped fabric for the beach towel.
Next, I ripped some pieces of Kraft and Aqua Mist card stock for my sand and water. I added some sandyness to the Kraft by sponging some Chai ink all over it to warm it up. I also added some squiggly lines with my B00 Copic marker on the Aqua Mist piece to give the water a little something. Then, I punched a circle of Bitty Dot paper in Summer Sunrise and added little pieces of matching twill underneath to act like "rays". All the parts were attached to a Lemon Tart card base and "the joys of summer" came to be! :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a great evening!

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Day at the Beach
Ink: Pure Poppy, Black, Chai (Vintage Touch Duo), Copics
Paper: Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, Kraft, White, Summer Sunrise Bitty Dot
Accessories: Summer Sunrise twill; Timeless Treasures fabric
Other/Tools: Paper trimmer, scissors, Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, foam tape, SU! 1-3/8 circle punch

26 comments:

  1. Clever! Very fun color combo. i ♥ this idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well arent you just cleaver! Love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this!! What a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beach towel! And the ribbon sun. This is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to make the sun rays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Love the scene you created!!!
    Have a GREAT night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! I love this!! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunner. I love the scene you created. Super job with the fun summer challenge. Thanks for the great eye candy.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful! I love the way you did the beach towel and the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful beach scene! love the torn paper sand dunes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That ripped paper is great and the towel looks fab. Neat beach scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great summer card; very fun and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous! I love the torn edges, the twill--everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute! love the scene you have created with this! >"<

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great scene, it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is AWESOME Chrissy! Love your use of fabric and your scene rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool. I love how you incorporated the fabric into it too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable1 I love your little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the sun and your beach blanket! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG..this is totally cooll. you have to submit this to a magazine Chrissy.. it has come out real neat.

    ReplyDelete