Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Perpetual Birthday Calendar How-To

Happy Saturday folks! I am constantly forgetting birthdays - and that makes me feel like a jerk! LOL I decided to fix the problem by creating a birthday calendar - a perpetual one so that I don't have to add them to a new calendar every year! I thought I'd share a little how-to for you ... Ready?
Start with 12 pieces of white (or other neutral) card stock cut into 3-1/2 x 6" rectangles. You'll also need two pieces of chipboard (or other card stock) for the front and back covers cut in the same dimensions.
Use a binding system, such as Carla Craft, to punch holes in your pages and covers. (If you prefer to use a binding ring, just punch one hole in the same spot on all your pages.) Now, you should have all your pages ready to go! Time to decorate ...

Cut 12 pieces of card stock in various colors. You need 3-1/4 x 1-1/2 inch rectangles. Then decorate as desired. I used the Vintage Picnic set from Papertrey ink to stamp all the images on the monthly titles. I colored the images with Copic markers and a white gel pen. Then I used the Fresh Alphabet set to stamp month abbreviations onto each card. (Tip: Use an acrylic block with grid lines on it to line up the letters!)

Here's January - June:

And here's July - December:
Once you are done decorating your month titles, adhere them to the top of your pages, so they look like this:
Then, add some lines using Faux Ribbon on each page like shown below. (Tip: That grid line block will really help you keep your lines equidistant!)
Then decorate your covers and bind it together with a coil (or whatever system you are using). And here's the finished product!Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you enjoyed my first how-to project! :-) If you have any questions, let me know! Have a great day :-)

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Vintage Picnic, Fresh Alphabet, Faux Ribbon
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Inkssentials white gel pen, SU! Going Gray
Paper: CS - White, Ripe Avocado, Lemon Tart, Melon Berry, Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist, Lavender Moon, Spring Moss; Polka Dot Parade patterned paper; chipboard from The Crafty PC
Other: Vintage buttons (New Leaf, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist) and twine
Tools: Paper trimmer, scissors, Carla Craft binding system & coil, Scor-Tape, Glossy Accents

2 comments:

  1. super cute! i'm pretty bad about birthdays too - i should make this! but then i'm afraid i'd lose it in the black hole that is my house...it would probably go where random puzzle pieces, playing cards, and such are! ;) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job, I love the new stamps you used here;)

    ReplyDelete