Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

i heart you

Hey y'all! Busy week so far at my real job ... lots of meetings, an open house on Thursday, etc. So I haven't had time to make a whole lot in the past few days. But I did get a chance to play with a set of stamps from a new company called Practicing Creativity. This set is Courtney's first set and its called "Key to My Heart" and is a great value at only $12.99 for the set. I love the little keys and the argyle background builder (which I will show later this week)!

Here's one of the cards that I made using the "i (heart) u" sentiment. The heart is a separate stamp, so it was really easy to make this patterned background. I did use two different size hearts as well ... love these heart shapes! So fun.
Once I made my paper, I trimmed it, distressed it and mounted it on a piece of distressed red card stock. The key image was stamped on a scrap and then overstamped with the "i heart you" sentiment. I distressed the edges and added this on foam tape for dimension. I also stamped the heart-shaped lock and hung it from the sentiment with twine before attaching the sentiment to the card. I love how the heart lock dangles on the card.

What do you think of this new set? I think I will certainly be using it again and again ... and for more than just Valentine's day cards. Courtney, the owner of Practicing Creativity, also just released a new set called "You're Dandy," which looks really fun too!

Thanks for visiting today! I will be sharing more Valentines (and more Practicing Creativity cards) later this week! See you then!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Practicing Creativity "Key to My Heart"
Ink: PTI Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, Chai, Chamomile
Paper: PTI Kraft, Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream
Other: twine, foam tape

1 comment: