Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Here's the latest ...

Hey y'all!  Only two more days left in the week!  :-) Already looking forward to the weekend around here! How about you?

I mentioned that I recently finished quilting a quilt for a friend of mine.  Dianne has been collecting fabric for and working on this quilt for awhile now (but I won't mention how long ... wink!).  As a fellow Wolfpacker, I love the color scheme she chose!  This quilt turned out to be rather large ... basically a full-size quilt, so she asked for some help in getting it finished.  I think it turned out really nice and I enjoyed working on this for her ... minus the moment that I got my finger too close to the needle while in the throws of free motion quilting! :-)  Here are a few pictures of it.
For the top, she used a mix of black-and-white and red-and-white prints and then that pretty big black-and-white floral for the backing.  Here's the quilt all rolled up - lots of interesting prints in this quilt!

After finishing this quilt, I decided I finally had time to take my sewing machine in for some TLC.  My beloved Bernina really, REALLY needed a good cleaning and tune up.  Although, I must say that I had a little moment of panic/separation anxiety when I dropped her off today!  Is that crazy or what?!  I don't think I've been without a working machine in my house ever!  The tech seemed to think that he'd have it ready by the end of the week.  Crossing my fingers .... I'd hate to resort to hand piecing for all the projects I want to work on! :-)

I also wanted to share a quick card while I was here .... I have a (different) friend who is dealing with a lot of changes ... and we all know that change can bring on the stress big time!  I made this cute card to send her a little pick me up.
Love these punny sentiments from the Skipping Stones Designs stamp set.  My mister thinks they are corny, but I don't care!  :-)

That's about all for now ... I updated our Sew Lux blog too if you feel so inclined to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment