Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

January Bee Blocks Part 1

Hi and happy weekend y'all!  My mister is watching football, so I am taking the opportunity to give my sewing machine a workout!  :-)  My local shop had my machine serviced and ready to be picked up in less than 24 hours!  I was excited I didn't have to wait long.  In fact, since picking up my machine on Thursday, I have pieced and quilting a small (baby sized) quilt, pieced another small quilt, and made a few bee blocks.  I will share my quilts later this week.  I wanted to stop in and share my do. Good Stitches blocks for January. 

The do. Good Stitches bee is a Charity Bee and each circle works on a different project each month.  This month, our quilter asked for some blocks to make an X-string quilt.  The tutorial we are using is here.  I must admit, I was a little nervous about this block, but it turned out well and I had fun making them.  It's definitely not something I might have tried on my own, but I may now that I know its not as hard as it looks! :-)  Here are my blocks ...
We were to use a nautical theme in terms of colors.  I hope that my fabric choices will blend in well with the rest of the blocks.  I think I have enough shades of blue that they can fit in with many other prints.  You can see that I have a lot of polka dots prints in my stash!  Shocker, I tell ya.

We got some new blender-type (tone-on-tone) prints for the Sew Lux shop the other day.  I introduced them earlier today on the Sew Lux blog.

Thanks for stopping by!  I will be back tomorrow with some funny cards I made the other day using some repro vintage ad paper.  See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment