Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh How I Laughed ...

Hi!  Been awhile since I've been around on here, but I am sure like most of you can relate, it's been a busy January.  Lots of things going on with work and the start of a new semester is always a bit time intensive.  But, I hope to get back into the groove of things and not bring home much work this week (we'll see) ...

I wanted to share a quilt I started on ... its almost done, just needs binding.  I used the Designer Beads Red and Designer Beads Mist and really like how this turned out.  Here it is pieced ...
Here it is in the quilting procress ...
I will share it in its entirety after I finish the binding and talk about the pattern I used, etc.

I also chose the word "renovate" as my "word for 2011."  Well, that certainly also includes my sewing room!  I have been slowly working on moving things around.  And one of the things I decided to do was put my fabrics on "mini bolts" after seeing this post.  Well, I promptly ordered a 100 comic book boards.  And here's the difference (just the middle shelf, obviously)...
And the reason behind the title of this post ... well, I just had to laugh at myself for only ordering 100 boards.  Who did I think I was kidding?!  C'mon now ... I have wayyyyyyyyyyy more fabric than 100 different prints! That is 100 boards just on the middle shelf. And let's not even talk about the 6+ shelves in the closet that I haven't even touched!  Oh. my. goodness.  I am definitely ordering more book boards and am looking forward to having my stash organized.  I will share when its finally completed.  :-)

Also, one of our Sew Lux customers shared her room redo with us ... it turned out so lovely. Check it out here.

Well, that's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by!  I do have lots of projects in the works to share soon ... my Project Life for 2011, other small quilts and projects, bee blocks, cards, etc.  So, I will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment