Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy happy joy joy!

Happy, happy, joy, joy y'all! While today is Monday, I am so excited that tomorrow is our last day of regular classes before exams start. You see, 90 days of 90 minute class periods with 30 boys has driven me to the edge! LOL I am looking forward to moving on to a new course and new kids next semester. :-) Admittedly, though, today was still a Monday with all the usual trappings of a Monday and then some. But I am home now and have caught up on my blogs via the fab Google Reader and am hoping to mess around a little with my crafty stuff since the hubs is working late keeping our community safe.

On to my "happy, happy, joy, joy" card ....
I must start by admitting that the floral paper I created was an accident. I have not been so successful with the new PTI ink formulation and was trying desperately to get some flowers evenly stamped for my cards in the previous post. So, I kept stamping and stamping and finally just decided "I might as well stamp the whole sheet and use it for a background" and switched to a similar shade of SU! ink for the other cards' flowers. Anywho ... the softness of the paper and imperfect stamping worked great for this card and a few others. (And inspired the paper for this card.)

So, I used some scraps of Bitty Dot paper and strips of my accidental background paper to create this 4.25" square card. Love this size. I stamped the sentiment from Blooming Button Bits on a punched label shape and added that on foam tape. I am also loving these hydrangea flowers smeared with Stickles. I can't wait to try pink Stickles AND Glimmer Mist on some! Oh the joy of glittery goodness! I did discover that the new Sweet Blush ink looks really nice with the Berry Sorbet ribbon ... give it a go y'all!

Ok ... I'd better run and get some things done so that I can maybe get to play around! Hope your week is off to a great start. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Blooming Button Bits
Ink: Sweet Blush, Chamomile; SU! Chocolate Chip
Paper: Kraft, Vintage Cream, Bitty Dots Dark Chocolate
Accessories: Berry Sorbet twill & button; hydrangea and twine (Michael's); Stardust Stickles; SU! Curvy Label punch; Heidi Swapp edge distresser tool

3 comments:

  1. Very lovely! Happy accident, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best way to create new stuff :) All you have to do is put together a tutorial for us :D

    ReplyDelete